The Brown Envelope Event - Rules and Regulations
1. Eligibility: The Brown Envelope Event is open only to those who dine at the cheel and within the month of December, 2016. Employees of the cheel, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the cheel as final and binding as it relates to the content. The event is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about December 5th, 2016 and ending December 31st, 2016
4. How to Enter: The envelope must be obtained by dining in at the cheel’s Thiensville location. The guest must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the cheel. You may obtain the envelopes multiple times by dining in multiple times. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your eligibility may be removed at the sole discretion of the cheel.
5. Prizes: Winners can receive a Chef’s Table for 4, Chef’s Table for 2, Gift Certificates, or Craft Cocktails, Wine, Beer with the prized valued at anywhere from $5 to $500. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the cheel to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner selection and notification: Each envelop receiver is a winners of the event and will be notified when they bring in the envelope unopened and redeemed in the month of January 2017, under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified immediately upon opening of the envelope by the staff in person. The winner has to utilize the winning the time when they are notified of winning except for the Chef’s Tables.
7. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that the cheel, anyone acting on behalf of the cheel, will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
8. Terms: the cheel reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, the cheel may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the cheel. the cheel reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The cheel has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; duplicating envelopes, opening the envelope, or bringing in after January 31st, 2017. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any envelope or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the cheel reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from the cheel. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless the cheel and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.